2019 VW Jetta vs Ford Focus
Every minute of your journeys near West Valley, Murray City, and Orem should be equipped with versatile convenience, unstoppable strength, and user-friendly technology. And, by snagging a seat inside either the 2019 Volkswagen Jetta or the 2018 Ford Focus, you’ll lead the pack down the highway with all the essentials for a productive day.
Of course, it’s important to take a closer look at everything these cruisers have to offer. That’s why we’re here with this 2019 VW Jetta vs. Ford Focus vehicle comparison created by Volkswagen SouthTowne. Before long, you’ll be dominating those miles at the helm of a thrilling ride.
2019 VW Jetta vs Ford Focus: Specs
Potent performance is what keeps you engaged with every commute. So, when it’s time for you to head to the office, both the 2019 VW Jetta and the Ford Focus come with enough muscle to get you moving on the asphalt.
However, one of these compact companions crosses the finish line first with its athletic engine. Let’s take a look:
- The 2019 Volkswagen Jetta comes with a standard 1.4-liter turbo motor, which churns out 184 lb-ft of torque.
- The 2018 Ford Focus offers a standard 2.0-liter engine that creates 146 lb-ft of torque.
- The 2019 VW Jetta serves up an available 8-speed automatic transmission with Tiptronic® and Sport mode that provide with a more athletic performance.
- The 2018 Ford Focus outfits you with an optional 6-speed automatic transmission.
Without the stepped-up strength and more capable transmission found in the 2019 VW Jetta, a ride inside the 2018 Ford Focus may not be filled with quite as many thrills.
VW Jetta vs Ford Focus: Cargo
Looking for a compact roadster that provides plenty of room for your friends and belongings? Well, the 2019 VW Jetta and Ford Focus keep everyone comfortable with lots of interior space. But, when it comes to your car’s cargo-carrying abilities, one of these sedans outdoes the other:
- The 2019 VW Jetta presents 37.4 inches of rear legroom.
- Alternatively, the 2018 Ford Focus contains 33.2 inches of rear legroom.
- The VW Jetta arms you with 14.1 cubic feet of trunk space vs. the 13.2 cubic feet of storage room found in the Ford Focus.
As you can see, the 2019 VW Jetta leads the way in terms of rear comfort and storage abilities. With this sporty sedan by your side, your passengers will stay comfortable, and you’ll easily pack up your luggage before heading down the path to your vacation destination.
Innovative Technology & Connectivity
Technology fuels your day. Luckily, the 2019 VW Jetta keeps you connected to your favorite devices while you’re battling traffic with its standard Composition Color infotainment system.
By tapping into this user-friendly system from the 6.5-inch touchscreen, you’ll quickly access all the gadgets that help you, such as:
- VW Car-Net® App-Connect (Apple CarPlay™ and Android Auto™ compatibility)
- A USB Port and more
On the other hand, the 2018 Ford Focus equips you with a standard 4.2-inch display, which controls the SYNC® infotainment system.
Unfortunately, without the larger touchscreen or standard Apple CarPlay™ and Android Auto™, connecting to the library of music and podcasts stored on your smartphone could prove to be a bit more difficult.
2019 VW Jetta vs Ford Focus Vehicle Comparison: Verdict
At Volkswagen SouthTowne, we believe that the key to a happy drive near West Valley, Murray City, and Orem is to arm yourself with a vehicle that can tackle anything thrown your way.
So, now that you’ve read through this Volkswagen Jetta vs. Ford Focus vehicle comparison, you’re probably eager to hop behind the wheel of the 2019 VW Jetta. To do exactly that, don’t hesitate to stop by our showroom or schedule your test drive today!